What can I say about marriage?
In the past year I have learned a lot about marriage.. from being married.
When I was dating my husband I was so sure I was ready for marriage. I wanted to be married to him and wanted to always be with him. However, it was a big shock when I got married. It wasn't that I wasn't prepared for marriage, but marriage is not a black and white subject. Ever marriage is vastly different. Different backgrounds, different communication skills, different lives, different temperaments. So you can take advice from other people and their marriages all you want, but yours will not work like theirs because they are not the same. I think it is not a matter of being prepared because you can't prepare for something you don't know what is going to happen, but you can push through it and work together as you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment