Thursday, September 24, 2015

Population, Brith Rate, adn Fertility Rate

What a crazy topic.

I never thought this would impact me very much. Between 1946 and 1964 is when the baby boom was a very big topic. I always thought that the baby boom had to do with families having lots of children, but in reality it's not just about family having children, but about a lot more people living into adulthood and people living longer.

On this subject, the fertility replacement rate is 2.13. That means that each family needs to have 2.13 children to keep the worlds population from decreasing. So that bring up the question: How many children do I need to have? and Does my decision of how many children I have effect other people?

I don't know the answer to that, but I have some thoughts on it.

Children are such a gift and people get lost in the fact that they want to be 100% financially stable to have children. That probably wont ever happen. There are always going to be IF's, AND's or BUT's that will deter you from having children. There are always things to think about when you want to decide when to have children and how many to have, but limiting yourself by your fears of finances is something that we need to get passed.

Having children is one of the greatest experiences that anyone will ever have in their lifetime. I don't have children myself as of yet, but I know that when I do I will find a new level of love that I have not experienced before.

If you are debating when to have children and how many you have, I challenge you to make a pro's and con's list. Then look at your con's and just decide if those are con's that would really be problem of if you could get past it. Whether it be finances, or less sleep, or worried it will effect your marriage. Look at it from a different perspective. For fiances, cut back on a few luxuries. Sleep, have a schedule and keep to it. Effecting your marriage, have faith in your marriage and have a talk with your spouse and create a plan.

Children will never come at the perfect time because the perfect time rarely exists. Don't be selfish. Think of those children waiting to meet yo and waiting to be loved by you.

Ultimately, it's your decision. Just remember not to be selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment